Japan PM Noda vows to achieve 1 percent inflation target within 1 year
TOKYO (Reuters) - Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda has vowed to achieve 1 percent inflation in Japan within one year, as part of his pledges to become re-elected head of the ruling Democratic Party.
Noda will draw up plans to beat deflation and revitalize the economy. He also aims to carry out reforms to achieve a society without nuclear power generation, though he did not give any timeframe, according to his election pledges.
(Reporting by Shinji Kitamura; Writing by Kaori Kaneko)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |