Japan PM Noda vows to achieve 1 percent inflation target within 1 year
TOKYO (Reuters) - Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda has vowed to achieve 1 percent inflation in Japan within one year, as part of his pledges to become re-elected head of the ruling Democratic Party.
Noda will draw up plans to beat deflation and revitalize the economy. He also aims to carry out reforms to achieve a society without nuclear power generation, though he did not give any timeframe, according to his election pledges.
(Reporting by Shinji Kitamura; Writing by Kaori Kaneko)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |