Hurricane Michael expected to weaken further: NHC
(Reuters) - Hurricane Michael, a category one hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale is forecast to weaken during the next 48 hours become a tropical storm by Tuesday morning, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
"A turn toward the northwest followed by a turn toward the north-northwest with an increase in forward speed is forecast on Monday and Tuesday. A turn toward the north-northeast is anticipated on Tuesday night," it said.
There were no hazards affecting land, the NHC said.
(Reporting By Shruti Chaturvedi in Bangalore; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |