- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- Asia assets hammered on China fears, Fed upset
France's Hollande pushes for strategic food stocks
RENNES, France, Sept 11 |
RENNES, France, Sept 11 (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday he was proposing the creation of strategic stockpiles of agricultural commodities to prevent extreme price swings on international markets.
"I am pushing with heads of state and government for protection against (market) volatility in the form of emergency food stocks and I will continue to do this," Hollande said in a speech to farmers in Rennes.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this