Dollar falls to six-week low versus yen
LONDON, Sept 11
LONDON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a six-week low against the yen on Tuesday as speculation that the Federal Reserve may announce further monetary easing this week weighed broadly on the U.S. currency.
The dollar dropped 0.4 percent on the day to 77.96 yen, its lowest level since Aug. 1 and knocking out a reported options barrier at 78.00 yen.
More stops were cited around 77.90 yen.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |