Dollar falls to six-week low versus yen
LONDON, Sept 11
LONDON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a six-week low against the yen on Tuesday as speculation that the Federal Reserve may announce further monetary easing this week weighed broadly on the U.S. currency.
The dollar dropped 0.4 percent on the day to 77.96 yen, its lowest level since Aug. 1 and knocking out a reported options barrier at 78.00 yen.
More stops were cited around 77.90 yen.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |