Euro rises to near four-month high versus dollar
LONDON, Sept 11
LONDON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains against the dollar on Tuesday, rising to its highest in nearly four months after a German constitutional court confirmed it will deliver its ruling on the euro zone's rescue fund on Wednesday despite a last-minute challenge.
The euro rose to $1.28197 on trading platform on EBS, its highest level since May 22 and up 0.5 percent on the day. Traders cited option barriers at $1.2850 with decent resistance expected at its 200-day moving average of around $1.28346.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'