Istanbul blast caused by suicide bomber: police chief
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - An explosion at a police station in a suburb of Turkey's largest city Istanbul on Tuesday was caused by a suicide bomber, Istanbul police chief Huseyin Capkin said.
"First (the attacker) threw a grenade, then blew himself up at the entrance of the police station ... The policeman working at the entrance was killed," Capkin told reporters at the scene.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Writing by Nick Tattersall, editing by Diana Abdallah)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters