Istanbul blast caused by suicide bomber: police chief
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - An explosion at a police station in a suburb of Turkey's largest city Istanbul on Tuesday was caused by a suicide bomber, Istanbul police chief Huseyin Capkin said.
"First (the attacker) threw a grenade, then blew himself up at the entrance of the police station ... The policeman working at the entrance was killed," Capkin told reporters at the scene.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Writing by Nick Tattersall, editing by Diana Abdallah)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Apple, Google to pay $324 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit