Pentagon says would review EADS-BAE merger proposal if asked
WASHINGTON, Sept 12
WASHINGTON, Sept 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Defense Department on Wednesday said it had not been formally notified about a possible merger of Europe's EADS, the parent of Airbus, and Britain's BAE Systems Plc, but would review any proposal submitted.
"We have not been formally notified about a merger, but we will review such a merger if and when it is proposed," said Pentagon spokeswoman Lieutenant Colonel Elizabeth Robbins.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |