CORRECTED-U.S. ambassador to Libya, three staff killed in rocket attack-official
(Corrects "Libyan" to "U.S." in quote)
BEIRUT, Sept 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff were killed in a rocket attack on Tuesday in the Libyan city of Benghazi, a Libyan official said.
It was not clear if the ambassador was in his car or the Libyan consulate when the attack occurred.
"The U.S. ambassador and three staff members were killed when gunmen fired rockets at them," the official in Benghazi told Reuters.
(Reporting by Samia Nakhoul, editing by Diana Abdallah)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South