CORRECTED-U.S. ambassador to Libya, three staff killed in rocket attack-official
(Corrects "Libyan" to "U.S." in quote)
BEIRUT, Sept 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff were killed in a rocket attack on Tuesday in the Libyan city of Benghazi, a Libyan official said.
It was not clear if the ambassador was in his car or the Libyan consulate when the attack occurred.
"The U.S. ambassador and three staff members were killed when gunmen fired rockets at them," the official in Benghazi told Reuters.
(Reporting by Samia Nakhoul, editing by Diana Abdallah)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image