MDA asked for additional information on deal for Loral unit
(Reuters) - Surveillance and satellite imaging company MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd (MDA.TO) said it has received a request for additional information from the U.S. Department of Justice in connection with its proposed deal to buy Space Systems/Loral Inc (SS/L).
Loral Space & Communications Inc (LORL.O) in June agreed to sell SS/L, its satellite manufacturing subsidiary, to MDA for about $875 million.
The request for additional information primarily concerns MDA's Montreal satellite communications antenna and payload business, it said in a statement.
The Department of Justice is reviewing the transaction as part of the regulatory process under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, Loral Space & Communications said in a separate statement.
(Reporting by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat