SunPower to supply more than 100 MW solar panels to Toshiba
(Reuters) - Solar panel maker SunPower Corp said it will supply more than 100 megawatt (MW) solar panels to Japan's Toshiba Corp under a multi-year agreement.
SunPower has been looking to grow in Asia as the solar sector battles with pressured margins due to weak European demand and a glut that has dragged down prices.
The company said it has delivered about 70 MW of solar panels to Toshiba since the first agreement in 2010.
The San Jose, California-based company said last month it expects nearly 10 percent of its revenue in 2012 to come from Japan.
Shares of SunPower Corp were slightly up at $4.83 after the bell. They closed at $4.80 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday.
(Reporting By Garima Goel in Bangalore)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro