SunPower to supply more than 100 MW solar panels to Toshiba
(Reuters) - Solar panel maker SunPower Corp said it will supply more than 100 megawatt (MW) solar panels to Japan's Toshiba Corp under a multi-year agreement.
SunPower has been looking to grow in Asia as the solar sector battles with pressured margins due to weak European demand and a glut that has dragged down prices.
The company said it has delivered about 70 MW of solar panels to Toshiba since the first agreement in 2010.
The San Jose, California-based company said last month it expects nearly 10 percent of its revenue in 2012 to come from Japan.
Shares of SunPower Corp were slightly up at $4.83 after the bell. They closed at $4.80 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday.
(Reporting By Garima Goel in Bangalore)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |