Brazil retail sales rise 1.4 pct in July from June
SAO PAULO, Sept 13
SAO PAULO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 1.4 percent in July from June, above the median of analysts' forecasts, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Retail sales had been expected to gain 1.0 percent, according to the median estimate of 26 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from 0.0 percent to an increase of 1.9 percent.
July's retail sales rose 7.1 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, slightly more than the 6.9 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from a gain of 5.0 percent to a rise of 10.0 percent.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote