Italy antitrust launches probe into possible telecoms cartel
ROME, Sept 13
ROME, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Italy's antitrust authority said on Thursday it had launched a probe into an alleged cartel between Telecom Italia, Vodafone and Wind to block new virtual mobile operator Bip Mobile out of the mobile market.
Bip Mobile complained that several distributors that cooperate with the three companies listed in the probe had refused to also sell their products, authority AGCM said in a statement.
Bip Mobile is launching in Italy this Autumn and is marketing itself as the first "low cost" mobile operator in Italy. (Reporting By Catherine Hornby)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Two injured after student opens fire at Colorado high school
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes