Madagascar signs operating permit for Ambatovy mine -govt
ANTANANARIVO, Sept 13
ANTANANARIVO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Madagascar has signed an operating permit allowing Canada's Sherritt International Corp and partners to begin production at the Ambatovy nickel mine, its government said on Thursday.
"The government has signed the permit. Mining can begin. The rest depends on their planning," Mines Minister Daniella Rajo Randriafeno told Reuters.
The $5.5 billion joint venture project is set to be one of the largest nickel mines in the world, producing 60,000 tonnes of refined nickel annually for the next three decades.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |