CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps 1 pct after Fed launches new stimulus
TORONTO, Sept 13
TORONTO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index surged more than 1 percent on Thursday after the U.S. Federal Reserve embarked on a third round of aggressive monetary stimulus.
By 2:26 p.m. (1826 GMT), the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index had surged 128.45 points, or 1.05 percent, to 12,361.50.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials