CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps 1 pct after Fed launches new stimulus
TORONTO, Sept 13
TORONTO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index surged more than 1 percent on Thursday after the U.S. Federal Reserve embarked on a third round of aggressive monetary stimulus.
By 2:26 p.m. (1826 GMT), the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index had surged 128.45 points, or 1.05 percent, to 12,361.50.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB