FOREX-Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, Sept 13
NEW YORK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains against the dollar on Thursday, reaching a four-month high not long after the Federal Reserve announced another aggressive stimulus program to bolter the U.S. economy.
In a significant shift in monetary policy, the Fed said it would buy $40 billion of mortgage debt per month and will continue to purchase those and other assets until the weak employment picture shows marked improvement.
The euro hit a high of $1.2984, its highest since May 9. It last traded at $1.2982, up 0.6 percent on the day, according to Reuters data.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions