Seoul shares end flat; smartphone makers gain
SEOUL, Sept 13
SEOUL, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Seoul shares finished flat after heavy-volume trading on Thursday, with caution prevailing ahead of a possible decision by the U.S. Federal Reserve on further stimulus steps.
Samsung Electronics gained 0.54 percent and LG Electronics was up 2.49 percent after Apple's iPhone 5, unveiled on Wednesday, failed to impress investors.
LG Display, a flat-screen supplier to Apple, lost 1.99 percent.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) finished up 0.03 percent at 1,950.69. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data