- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
NRC to discuss oversight of Calif. San Onofre nuclear units
Sept 13 |
Sept 13 (Reuters) - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission said it will hold a public meeting in October to discuss the status of its oversight of the two-unit San Onofre nuclear plant in California.
The nuclear regulator will hold the meeting on Oct. 9 to respond to questions about tube degradation issues at the plant, it said in a statement on Thursday.
The 2,150-megawatt San Onofre nuclear station operated by Edison's Southern California Edison utility has been shut since January after the discovery of premature tube wear in the giant steam generators.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this