UK-Belgium gas pipe maintenance planned June 2013
LONDON, Sept 14
LONDON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - The operator of the gas pipeline connecting Britain and Belgium said on Friday it was proposing to carry out next year's annual maintenance from June 12-27.
"The proposal is to commence 06:00 (local time) 12 June 2013 for a period of 15 days, resuming flow 06:00 (local time) 27 June 2013," Interconnector UK said in a statement.
"Connected transporters and shippers are being consulted on the proposed timing... The closing date for any comments is 3 October 2012," the statement added.
Following this consultation period the maintenance dates will be confirmed and published on October 8.
The bi-directional gas pipeline is capable of transporting around 810 gigawatt-hours (GWh) per day from Zeebrugge (Belgium) to Bacton (UK) and 630 GWh/d in the opposite direction. (Reporting by Henning Gloystein; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |