UK-Belgium gas pipe maintenance planned June 2013
LONDON, Sept 14
LONDON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - The operator of the gas pipeline connecting Britain and Belgium said on Friday it was proposing to carry out next year's annual maintenance from June 12-27.
"The proposal is to commence 06:00 (local time) 12 June 2013 for a period of 15 days, resuming flow 06:00 (local time) 27 June 2013," Interconnector UK said in a statement.
"Connected transporters and shippers are being consulted on the proposed timing... The closing date for any comments is 3 October 2012," the statement added.
Following this consultation period the maintenance dates will be confirmed and published on October 8.
The bi-directional gas pipeline is capable of transporting around 810 gigawatt-hours (GWh) per day from Zeebrugge (Belgium) to Bacton (UK) and 630 GWh/d in the opposite direction. (Reporting by Henning Gloystein; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?