Protesters try to storm German, British embassies in Sudan
KHARTOUM, Sept 14
KHARTOUM, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Sudan's police fired teargas on Friday to stop about 5,000 demonstrators storming the German and British embassies to protest against an anti-Islam film, a Reuters witness said.
Protesters hurled stones at the two embassies which are next to each other in Khartoum and tried storming the main gates, a witness said.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |