Protesters try to storm German, British embassies in Sudan
KHARTOUM, Sept 14
KHARTOUM, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Sudan's police fired teargas on Friday to stop about 5,000 demonstrators storming the German and British embassies to protest against an anti-Islam film, a Reuters witness said.
Protesters hurled stones at the two embassies which are next to each other in Khartoum and tried storming the main gates, a witness said.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source