Euro hits eight-month high versus Swiss franc
LONDON, Sept 14
LONDON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Euro rose to an eight-month high against the Swiss franc on Friday after as a fall in euro zone peripheral bond yields lessened demand for the safe haven Swiss currency.
The euro rose 0.2 percent on the day to 1.2178 Swiss francs, its highest level since early January.
On Thursday the Swiss National Bank kept the floor in euro/Swiss unchanged at 1.20 francs, but struck a dovish note on the economy.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image