Euro hits eight-month high versus Swiss franc
LONDON, Sept 14
LONDON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Euro rose to an eight-month high against the Swiss franc on Friday after as a fall in euro zone peripheral bond yields lessened demand for the safe haven Swiss currency.
The euro rose 0.2 percent on the day to 1.2178 Swiss francs, its highest level since early January.
On Thursday the Swiss National Bank kept the floor in euro/Swiss unchanged at 1.20 francs, but struck a dovish note on the economy.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source