- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Sharp: no progress in talks to sell stake to Hon Hai
OSAKA, Japan, Sept 14 |
OSAKA, Japan, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Sharp Corp said no progress has been made in the past week in talks to sell a stake to Hon Hai Precision Industry that would make the Taiwanese company its biggest shareholder
"There has been no development regarding capital from their side," a Sharp executive said at a briefing on Friday in Osaka on condition he was not identified.
The two companies had been expected to conclude an agreement for Hon Hai to buy a 9.9 percent stake in Sharp during a visit to Japan by Hon Hai's chairman, Terry Gou, in August. Gou left Japan early without meeting Sharp executives and the meeting has yet to be rescheduled.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this