Tanzania inflation slows to 14.9 pct in August - stats office
DAR ES SALAAM, Sept 15
DAR ES SALAAM, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Tanzania's year-on-year inflation rate eased to 14.9 percent in August from 15.7 percent a month earlier, pushed lower by slowing food prices, official data showed on Saturday.
The National Bureau of Statistics said the increase in food and non-alcoholic drink prices eased over the 12-month period to 18.8 percent from 20.8 percent in July.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |