AT&T says set sales record for iPhone 5
Sept 17 (Reuters) - U.S. mobile provider AT&T said it set a sales record with Apple's iPhone 5 over the weekend, making it the fastest-selling iPhone the company has ever offered.
Customers ordered more iPhones from AT&T than any previous model both on its first day of preorders and over the weekend, the company said on Monday.
AT&T did not provide the number of iPhones sold.
The company said iPhone 5 was still available for preorder and would go on sale from Sept. 21 in AT&T retail stores.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'