Google buys Nik Software, maker of Snapseed photo editor
Sept 17 (Reuters) - Google Inc said it bought Germany-based Nik Software, which makes photo editing application Snapseed, a rival to Instagram, for an undisclosed amount.
"We want to help our users create photos they absolutely love, and in our experience Nik does this better than anyone," said Vic Gundotra, senior vice president, engineering, on a Google+ post.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |