Vestas launches new variant of 3 MW turbine
COPENHAGEN, Sept 17
COPENHAGEN, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas has launched a new variant of its 3-megawatt (MW) turbine, aimed mainly at European markets, the company said on Monday.
"The (V126-3.0 MW) turbine is the latest variant of the 3 MW platform on which the V112-3.0 MW is built," Vestas Wind Systems A/S said in a statement.
The rotor swept area of the new turbine has been increased by 27 percent, and the turbine is designed to yield maximum power production on low wind sites, Vestas said.
The first prototype is expected to be installed in Denmark during the second quarter of 2013, the company said. (Reporting by John Acher)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study