Coal miner Alpha to cut 1,200 jobs
Sept 18 (Reuters) - Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources Inc said it would cut about 1,200 jobs, or 9 percent of its workforce, by early 2013 on weak demand.
The company also said it would idle eight mines in Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania immediately, affecting about 400 jobs.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet