Coal miner Alpha to cut 1,200 jobs
Sept 18 (Reuters) - Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources Inc said it would cut about 1,200 jobs, or 9 percent of its workforce, by early 2013 on weak demand.
The company also said it would idle eight mines in Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania immediately, affecting about 400 jobs.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat