Toyota to halt some China plants as demonstrations spread -Kyodo
TOKYO, Sept 18
TOKYO, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Japanese carmaker Toyota Motor Corp plans to halt operations at some of its factories in China on Tuesday as anti-Japan demonstrations escalate across the country, Kyodo news agency said.
A Toyota spokesman said the company was still checking on the situation in China.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Texas actress pleads guilty for ricin-laced letter sent to Obama