S.Africa's rand firms after Lonmin workers accept offer
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 18
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 18 (Reuters) - South Africa's rand strengthened 1.23 percent to 8.1660 against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday after workers at Lonmin's Marikana mine said they had accepted an offer for a 22 percent pay rise and look to return to work on Thursday.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote