Mitsumi Electric to halt China facilities after demonstrations
TOKYO, Sept 18
TOKYO, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Japanese components maker Mitsumi Electric Co Ltd, a major supplier to Nintendo Co Ltd , said it was halting operations at its China facilities through Tuesday due to damage caused by demonstrators.
Mitsumi Electric said it was undecided on when it would resume operations at its China facilities in Tsingtao.
Hundreds of Japanese businesses and the country's embassy suspended services in China on Tuesday, expecting further escalation in violent protests over a territorial dispute between Asia's two biggest economies. (Writing by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Asia shares slip as China disappoints, Japan bucks trend