REG - BT Group PLC - Transaction in Own Shares
19 September 2012
BT GROUP PLC
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES - VOTING RIGHTS AND CAPITAL
BT Group plc announces that on 19 September 2012 it purchased from Merrill Lynch International 1,000,000 ordinary shares at an average price of 226.9921 pence per share. The purchased shares will all be held as treasury shares.
BT Group plc's capital consists of 8,151,227,029 ordinary shares with voting rights. Following the above purchase, BT Group plc holds 276,240,485 ordinary shares as treasury shares. Therefore the total number of voting rights in BT Group plc is 7,874,986,544.
The above figure 7,874,986,544 may be used by shareholders as the denominator for the calculations by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change to their interest in, BT Group plc under the FSA's Disclosure and Transparency Rules.
= ends =
This information is provided by RNS
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'