REG - British Am. Tobacco - Transaction in Own Shares
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
British American Tobacco p.l.c. (the "Company") announces that in accordance with the authority granted by shareholders at the Company's Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2012 it purchased 185,000 of its ordinary shares of 25 pence each ("shares") on 19 September 2012. The average price was 3,236.6553p per share.
The highest price paid was 3,250p per share and the lowest price paid was 3,218p per share.
The Company intends to hold these shares in Treasury.
Following the purchase of these shares, the Company holds 85,993,325
of its shares in Treasury. The Company has 1,940,263,621 ordinary shares in issue (excluding Treasury shares).
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification:
G C W Cunnington
Deputy Company Secretary
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
19 September 2012
This information is provided by RNS
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |