- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Japan finmin: BOJ decision bold, will steady forex
TOKYO, Sept 19 |
TOKYO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Jun Azumi welcomed the central bank's decision to ease monetary policy on Wednesday, saying it was bolder than expected.
The BOJ's monetary easing step will likely have a positive effect on Japan's economy, including by stabilising currency moves, Azumi told reporters.
Azumi made the remarks after the BOJ loosened policy via an increase in asset purchases, after slowing global growth and a strong yen had dimmed prospects of an early economic recovery.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this