J.C. Penney's new shops comparable sales extending overall store
Sept 19 (Reuters) - Comparable sales at J.C. Penney Co Inc's new shops within its stores, including those selling IZOD clothes and Levi's jeans, are running 20 percent higher than sales elsewhere in the stores, chief executive Ron Johnson told analysts on Wednesday.
In a presentation that was also webcast, Johnson conceded it was "way too early to draw conclusions" as the retailer has so far opened only 12 of the "stores-within-stores." Some of those have only been open for three weeks and the others have only been open for seven weeks.
J.C. Penney shares rose 8 percent to $31.45 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA