- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Euro hits session low versus dollar, cuts gains versus yen
LONDON, Sept 19 |
LONDON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - The euro fell to a session low against the dollar on Wednesday, erasing earlier gains, with traders citing talk of European banks selling the currency and investors taking profits on its earlier gains versus the yen.
The euro fell 0.2 percent on the day to $1.30109 on EBS trading platform, with stop loss sell orders cited on the break below $1.3000. It had earlier hit a peak of $1.30856.
It also erased earlier gains against the yen following further monetary easing by the Bank of Japan. The euro was flat at 102.82 yen, off an earlier high of 103.63 yen.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this