Merkel to discuss EADS/BAE merger with Hollande on Saturday
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday she will discuss the planned merger between Britain's BAE Systems (BAES.L) and Airbus-owner EADS (EAD.PA) with French President Francois Hollande when they meet on Saturday.
"The various checks are being carried out on the BAE/EADS merger at the moment by all governments and it will certainly be discussed by us as well, but the experts are of course working together on it permanently," she told a news conference.
Merkel, defining her relationship with France's new Socialist leader as a "trusting" one, said they would "seek solutions that are good for all of Europe".
(Reporting by Stephen Brown)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |