- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
California judge denies bid to remove anti-Islam film from YouTube
LOS ANGELES, Sept 20 |
LOS ANGELES, Sept 20 (Reuters) - A California judge denied a request by an actress on Thursday to remove an anti-Islam film from YouTube that has spawned violent protests across the Muslim world.
Actress Cindy Lee Garcia, who said she had received death threats after the video was posted on YouTube, had sought to have the film removed in a suit against parent company Google Inc <GO OG.O> and a California man linked to the film.
"The request for a temporary restraining order is denied. The plaintiff has not shown a likelihood to prevail on the merits," Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Luis Lavin said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this