REG - BT Group PLC - Transaction in Own Shares
20 September 2012
BT GROUP PLC
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES - VOTING RIGHTS AND CAPITAL
BT Group plc announces that on 20 September 2012 it purchased from Merrill Lynch International 1,000,000 ordinary shares at an average price of 228.2774 pence per share. The purchased shares will all be held as treasury shares.
BT Group plc's capital consists of 8,151,227,029 ordinary shares with voting rights. Following the above purchase, BT Group plc holds 277,240,485 ordinary shares as treasury shares. Therefore the total number of voting rights in BT Group plc is 7,873,986,544.
The above figure 7,873,986,544 may be used by shareholders as the denominator for the calculations by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change to their interest in, BT Group plc under the FSA's Disclosure and Transparency Rules.
= ends =
This information is provided by RNS
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic