REG - British Am. Tobacco - Transaction in Own Shares
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
British American Tobacco p.l.c. (the "Company") announces that in accordance with the authority granted by shareholders at the Company's Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2012 it purchased 200,000 of its ordinary shares of 25 pence each ("shares") on 20 September 2012. The average price was 3,235.6570p per share.
The highest price paid was 3,251p per share and the lowest price paid was 3,224.5p per share.
The Company intends to hold these shares in Treasury.
Following the purchase of these shares, the Company holds 86,193,325
of its shares in Treasury. The Company has 1,940,063,621 ordinary shares in issue (excluding Treasury shares).
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification:
G C W Cunnington
Deputy Company Secretary
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
20 September 2012
This information is provided by RNS
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped