Suicide bombings kill 15 people in Somali capital: police
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - At least 15 people were killed when two suicide bombers blew themselves up in a restaurant in the centre of the Somali capital on Thursday, a senior police official said.
"So far we have confirmed 15 dead people including two local journalists and two policemen," General Abdullahi Barise, police spokesman and the head of criminal investigation department, told Reuters.
"We are still counting the wounded ones. They were rushed to various hospitals," he said.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media