Boston Fed's Rosengren: Already signs Fed action is working
QUINCY, Mass., Sept 20
QUINCY, Mass., Sept 20 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve's decision last week to buy large quantities of mortgage-backed securities is already having a positive effect on wholesale mortgage rates, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston said on Thursday.
Eric Rosengren, in a speech to a chamber of commerce in the Boston suburb of Quincy, also said the U.S. economy was clearly in better shape than some developed peers internationally, but still not strong enough to bring the unemployment rate down more quickly.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions