REG - British Am. Tobacco - Transaction in Own Shares
TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
British American Tobacco p.l.c. (the "Company") announces that in accordance with the authority granted by shareholders at the Company's Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2012 it purchased 280,000 of its ordinary shares of 25 pence each ("shares") on 21 September 2012. The average price was 3,211.4676p per share.
The highest price paid was 3,255.5p per share and the lowest price paid was 3,197p per share.
The Company intends to hold these shares in Treasury.
Following the purchase of these shares, the Company holds 86,473,325
of its shares in Treasury. The Company has 1,939,783,621 ordinary shares in issue (excluding Treasury shares).
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification:
British American Tobacco p.l.c.
21 September 2012
This information is provided by RNS
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry