- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
BP confirms interest in buying Rosneft stock
LONDON, Sept 21 |
LONDON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - - British oil company BP confirmed on Friday that it is interested in buying shares in Russian state controlled group Rosneft, provided the proposed sale of its stake in private Russian venture TNK-BP goes through.
"BP aims to be an investor in Russia for many decades to come," a spokesman said by email after Rosneft said it had received a proposal for a stake purchase by BP.
"BP is considering further investment in Russia regardless of who we sell our stake to. Therefore if we are successful in selling our stake in TNK-BP then we would be interested in investing some of the proceeds in buying shares in Rosneft."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this