RIM says faces email service problems in EMEA
(Reuters) - Blackberry maker Research In Motion suffered service problems in Europe on Friday, just as its key rival Apple (AAPL.O) started sales of its new iPhone around the world.
"Some users in Europe, Middle East & Africa are experiencing issues with their BlackBerry service," the Canadian firm tweeted from its British twitter account.
Last October a system-wide failure of the service left tens of millions of frustrated BlackBerry users on five continents without email, instant messaging and browsing. (Reporting By Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Holmes)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |