No decisions on EADS/BAE merger seen at Merkel-Hollande talks: aide
BERLIN (Reuters) - Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande will discuss the merger of European aerospace firm EADS EAD.PA and British defense firm BAE Systems (BAES.L) at a Franco-German summit on Saturday but will not make any decisions, a Merkel aide said on Friday.
"EADS/BAE will certainly be a topic at the working lunch with President Hollande, but there definitely won't be any decisions on Saturday," the German chancellor's spokesman, Steffen Seibert, told a news conference.
The German and French leaders will also discuss plans for cross-border banking supervision by the European Central Bank but the meeting is "not the moment for making decisions", he added.
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"