No decisions on EADS/BAE merger seen at Merkel-Hollande talks: aide
BERLIN (Reuters) - Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande will discuss the merger of European aerospace firm EADS EAD.PA and British defense firm BAE Systems (BAES.L) at a Franco-German summit on Saturday but will not make any decisions, a Merkel aide said on Friday.
"EADS/BAE will certainly be a topic at the working lunch with President Hollande, but there definitely won't be any decisions on Saturday," the German chancellor's spokesman, Steffen Seibert, told a news conference.
The German and French leaders will also discuss plans for cross-border banking supervision by the European Central Bank but the meeting is "not the moment for making decisions", he added.
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |