Apple sold more than 5 million iPhone 5
Sept 24 (Reuters) - Apple Inc sold more than 5 million iPhone 5 smartphones in the three days after the new device hit the marketplace on Sept. 21, the company said on Monday.
Apple said it sold out its initial supply of iPhone 5s, as demand for its latest smartphone exceeded initial supply. While the majority of pre-orders have been shipped to customers, many are scheduled to go out in October, Apple said.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |