REFILE-Lennar 3rd-qtr profit rises, orders jump
Sept 24 (Reuters) - Lennar Corp reported a higher quarterly profit and said orders rose for the sixth straight quarter.
The company said net orders rose 44 percent to 4,198 homes in the third quarter. Orders are a key indicator for builders who do not book revenue until they close on a house.
Net income attributable to the company was $87.1 million, or 40 cents per share, compared with $20.7 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 34 percent to $1.1 billion.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S