REFILE-Lennar 3rd-qtr profit rises, orders jump
Sept 24 (Reuters) - Lennar Corp reported a higher quarterly profit and said orders rose for the sixth straight quarter.
The company said net orders rose 44 percent to 4,198 homes in the third quarter. Orders are a key indicator for builders who do not book revenue until they close on a house.
Net income attributable to the company was $87.1 million, or 40 cents per share, compared with $20.7 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 34 percent to $1.1 billion.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |