Advent plans to buy Dutch firm Mediq for 775 mln euros
AMSTERDAM, Sept 24
AMSTERDAM, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Private equity firm Advent has agreed to buy Dutch medical supplier and pharmacy owner Mediq for 775 million euros in cash, more than 50 percent above last week's closing price, the two companies said on Monday.
Mediq's management and supervisory board support the deal, and shareholders owning 20.2 percent of Mediq have already accepted the offer, the companies said in statement.
Advent can help Mediq grow by providing financing for takeovers, the two groups said. (Reporting by Gilbert Kreijger; Editing by Greg Mahlich) (firstname.lastname@example.org; +31205045007; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor