Novartis's drug reduces heart failure deaths: study
ZURICH (Reuters) - Novartis's investigational medicine RLX030 reduced the number of deaths in patients with acute heart failure, the drugmaker said on Monday based on the results of a late-stage trial.
RLX030 is form of the human hormone relaxin-2. Serelaxin acts by relaxing the blood vessels, leading to reduced stress on the heart and kidneys, the firm said in a statement.
(Reporting by Catherine Bosley)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |