Novartis's drug reduces heart failure deaths: study
ZURICH (Reuters) - Novartis's investigational medicine RLX030 reduced the number of deaths in patients with acute heart failure, the drugmaker said on Monday based on the results of a late-stage trial.
RLX030 is form of the human hormone relaxin-2. Serelaxin acts by relaxing the blood vessels, leading to reduced stress on the heart and kidneys, the firm said in a statement.
(Reporting by Catherine Bosley)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill