Novartis's drug reduces heart failure deaths: study
ZURICH (Reuters) - Novartis's investigational medicine RLX030 reduced the number of deaths in patients with acute heart failure, the drugmaker said on Monday based on the results of a late-stage trial.
RLX030 is form of the human hormone relaxin-2. Serelaxin acts by relaxing the blood vessels, leading to reduced stress on the heart and kidneys, the firm said in a statement.
(Reporting by Catherine Bosley)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video